How are you all my crafty friends?
It has been a while I know, what with the Easter holidays and lots of magazine commissions I have been rushed off my feet!
Today however I have a tutorial to share. Using the new range of Santoro products and some fabulous Xyron adhesives I have altered a cute box I bought whilst at the NEC from the MDF man.
1. Here I started off with the blank box.
2. Using Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Vintage photo ink all over the box. Use the ink on a wet wipe to create a light covering and leave to dry.
3. Again using a wet wipe apply White acrylic paint and leave to dry, you will probably need to apply a second coat.
4. Trim a piece of patterned paper slightly smaller than the box. This will be used of the background.
5. Trim some patterned paper to look like sea and ink the edges.
6. Cut patterned paper to look like a rock and ink the edges.
7. Piece together the decoupage images using the foam pads.
8. Using the Teresa Collins Mega Runner adhere the back panel to the box. Sand around the edges.
9. Adhere the rock, sea and add some lace and ribbon again using the Teresa Collins Mega Runner
10. Adhere the decoupage images onto the box.
11. Take all the small die-cut pieces such as the star fish and flowers etc and put them through the Teresa Collins Sticker Maker. Add them to the rocks and corner of the box to add detail.
12. Cover each side of the box using floral patterned paper adhered using the Xyron 5″ Creative Station.
13. Take out the drawer and cover the base with patterned paper. Add a strip to the outside of the drawer.
14. Decorate the front with lace and a charm.
Your box is now ready to take pride of place in your house!
Blank MDF Drawer Box
Santoro Mirabelle A4 Premium Paper
Santoro Mirabelle Die Cut Decoupage
Teresa Collins Mega Runner
Xyron 5″ Creative Station
Teresa Collins Sticker Maker
That is all from me today. Whatever you do are doing have a fabulous Sunday.